Monday, July 14, 2008

E-mail - July 14, 2008

Our meeting with Shaday (our African American investigator) went ok. We talked a lot about the whys and wherefores, but we weren't really able to avail her of her concerns. We gave her a talk we had printed off by Bruce R. McConkie, I hope she reads it. Her whole thing is that when Christ came he tore down all barriers of race (Ephesians 2:11-19) so how could a man called of God ie: Brigham Young claim that God would still segregate some of his children after he tore down all the barriers. She doesn't believe a man truly called of God would do that. I don't know how to start her reading and praying about the Book of Mormon yet. She wants to continue meeting with us so maybe . . .

One of the themes that President Summerhays emphasizes is "The Enabling Power of the Atonement". Eldner Bednar gives a great talk about this that really explains it well. The talk is called "In the Strength of the Lord" - I recommend reading it if you get the chance.

Anyway - I love you lots - keep writing, it makes my heart glad. All my love - Kelli

No comments: