Monday, November 24, 2008

November 24, 2008

Guess what! You never will so I'll tell you...I'm going back to Tally! I'm going to be training and I'll be back on good ol' Florida State University. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. It was a huge shock. President called me Tuesday but we were in a lesson so we didn't answer - then we played phone tag for a day and 1/2 till finally he said - "I'll see you tomorrow at Zone Conference, we'll talk then". OK fine - but the curiosity was eating at me a little.

He pulled me in for our interview right before lunch and asked me how I was and if I wished to share anything with him. Putting off my curiosity - I talked with him about things I wanted to get his advice on. Anyway President then - with no lead in - bluntly asked how I would feel about going back to Tally and training. I think my jaw must have hit the floor! He told me a little about what is going on there and apparently it's going to be a slightly strange situation, Sister Scooresby and the other sister there are going to stay for a week while we "transition" then they are moving on to Destin to open it for Sisters.

The other sister in Tally (I don't know her name) has heart problems that are aggravated by stress so President is going to move slowly to try and help her. But I'm going walking into 5 baptism confirmation dates - two of which I know and three I don't - so it's good that they are sticking around for a bit as I find my footing there again.

Because of Turkey Day - transfers are a day early so that those that are going home will be there for Thanksgiving. So tomorrow I get on the transfer van and head back to the worlds greatest place. I can't wait! Sadly I will be spending the day packing not a fun p-day but whatever.

So in light of this news I know exactly what Sister Hartman will be doing Turkey Day however I don't really know what I will be doing. Since I write again on Saturday I'll let you know then what I did. I was talking with Sister Hartman and I jokingly said that I think that Mom had prayed me back to Tally so she could get two letters a week.

Oh - something else President and I talked about that I found amusing - he compared me to a spirited filly (horse) and he said that the Lord was a master trainer and that he was slowly breaking me in the proper way so that soon I could win races for him. If anyone besides President had used this analogy I might have been a little insulted but he's so loving that it was actually very sweet.

It's been kind of weird knowing so far ahead that I'm going to leave - I've had time to say good bye when usually you don't and it makes it all a little harder. But some good things have come from it. Last night we went to Sherries for dinner it was the first time we have been in her home and she really opened up to us, the reason we were invited was because I am going. My leaving kind of pushed her a little more than it would if I were staying - so that's a good thing. I get to be with Amanda - so that is another good thing - and apparently the Lord thinks I can help the people in Tally - so ... off I go.

I have another request, will you please burn a bunch of Christmas CD's for me? It's almost that time and I'm ready for some Christmas magic. I really want the Forgotten Carols and all the traditional stuff we have at home. Manheim Steam Roller, Barbara, Mariah, Celine, Josh, Clay... you know the good ones.

Oh and if you feel so inclined I really want the Prince of Egypt sound track.

I love you all! Have a great week, I'll write again soon. Saturday! Don't forget to write me please!

Love ya, Kelli

No comments: