Wednesday, April 9, 2008

1st Letter from the MTC

Dear Family,

Hello from the MTC! It has been a long day filled with rules, humor, and learning. I share a dorm with 3 other sisters. Sister Brinkerhoff & Sister Stagg are both going to Nauvoo to serve in the Visitors Center. My companion, Sister Hartman is going to Florida. We met the Elders in our branch - 4 of them all going to Florida. One of the Elders best friend is in Dad's ward & his friend can't say enough good about Dad - it made me smile.

I had to have three shots & my arms ache, but they gave me Bugs Bunny Band-aids which makes it all better.

It's a little confusing - we get hard, fast rules from the President - be it Mission President or Branch President, but the District Leaders say it's really not that big a deal. Of course, they say this out of the hearing of the Branch President. I get the impression it's much like the Jewish laws - follow as many as you can & when you make a mistake you admit it and commit to be better. My p-day is Tuesday, so I'll write again then. I love you all! Kelli

SISTER KELLI ANN WILCOX
MTC Mailbox #136
FL-TAL 0429
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Kelli's estimated departure date for Florida is April 29th.

No comments: