Thursday, April 10, 2008

MTC - Day 2 - April 10, 2008 Journal Entry

Had an awful night - the bed is horribly uncomfortable. S. Brinkerhoff & S. Staff got up at 5 a.m. to do stairs, I only made it till 5:30 before I had to get up as well. The shower was really warm - hot - too hot, but it got me going and feeling much more relaxed.

I got to have oatmeal for breakfast! Woo! We came back for class & Taylor McKay from Timpview was teaching, he gave a great lesson and I got to practice the first lesson. It started out well, but then I got flustered in the middle, luckily I finished off with a testimony and that can never go wrong.

I had a taco salad for lunch - I'm not sure what was in it but it sure made me foggy. I still managed to memorize "My Purpose". I used Learning Techniques - the other Elders and Sisters thought I was mad - but to each his own. (This is a method Kelli learned to help her memorize - she marches as she repeats out loud - if you have never experienced it - it does look strange).

We had our first LGM today, the first part was very much a repeat of what Brother McKay taught us and I was bored for the first bit. S. Hartman and I had to sit in the back because she gets anxious in big crowds. Anyway, we got to watch a movie about missionaries using "Preach My Gospel", it was fun and helped me relax even more. I can do this! (Written at 5 a.m. with a flashlight)


No comments: