Wednesday, April 9, 2008

MTC - Day 1 - April 9, 2008 Journal Entry

Day 1

Not as bad as I thought. Very busy running to & fro. I got 3 shots and my arms hurt, but I got Bugs Bunny band-aids which makes it all better. We had 3 meetings today there are a lot of rules - not many seem to stringently keep them. My companion is Sister Hartman, we share a room with Sister Brinkerhoff & Sister Stagg - they are going to Nauvoo. We have 4 Elders in our branch, one of them has a friend in Dad's ward, who thinks that dad is the bee's knees - I agree.

Earlier today the Sisters were talking about how the last couple of weeks they've been plagued by doubts and they blamed Satan. I disagree - I think they just weren't raised by a Maloney - you commit to something and you do it. I don't know about S. Stagg & S. Hartman but S. Brinkerhoff had a strong confirmation - she's 26 and I'm surprised at how emotional she is. We have been asked to avoid referring to each other as "guys" which is a lot harder than I would have thought. I'm going to start trying to add "Y'all" to my vocabulary. It's part of my language! Anyway, so excited to be here, and looking forward to many more experiences.

No comments: