Saturday, April 12, 2008

MTC - Day 4 - April 12, 2008 - Journal Entry

Today was our first gym day. It was heaven sent - S. Hartman doesn't like to exercise and I can't leave her to go with S. Brinkerhoff and Stagg so today was the first day. I loved it! I went up to the third floor to use the weight machines and suddenly missed Golds Gym - all the weights were tailored to men - I tried to fit my short body on some of these machines - I looked ridiculous. Finally I found a cable row that was adjustable and then found a bench press - I did it to failure on 105 lbs. I quit counting after awhile, my legs were like Jello as I left.

S. Hartman went to play volleyball and we had agreed to leave at 9 a.m. but we forgot to say where we'd meet. We ended up spending 10 minutes looking for each other. It was scary. I was certain I'd lost my companion and some wild dog had eaten her. Obviously in the end we found each other. But I realized that staying together is a rule I want to keep.

Today is Elder Gwythers birthday, he turned 20. The Sisters and I made him a card and S. Hartman drew a Bronco on it - Elder Gwyther loves the Denver Broncos. During MDT S. Hartman and I got on Mormon.org and listened to some of the testimonies/conversion stories on there, two in particular really touched me. The first one was a woman whose husband was in the first plane that hit the Twin Towers. He was killed - this is what lead to her conversion. The second was looking for answers and in asking questions she found her way to the Mormons. It was great to listen after a long day.

I like S. Hartman a lot, but we have different study patterns and when we spend all day trying to figure out what the other is doing - it gets frustrating. We were making an outline for the first lesson and we each had different ideas and different scriptures and the constant "What do you think?" "Do you like that?" really starts to grate on you after 2 hours. It's hard work, but I really like it and I seem to be fairing better then some in my Branch - yea me.

We also got to give the first lesson for the first time, we worked with some Elders in our district, it went OK, we got all the points we wanted to across, but we were divided up into sections, each taking a turn - which made it stale and hard to listen to. The Elders showed us how to go back and forth while teaching - we'll do better next time.

No comments: