Sunday, May 11, 2008

Day 32 - May 11, 2008 - Journal Entry

Happy Mothers Day!

Sunday - we had meetings in the morning. RS was good - we talked about the Priesthood. SS was fun - Sara Black taught - the topic was Repentance, you ask how this was fun? I'll tell you. She shared a story of a testimony meeting she had once attended. An older gentleman went up to the pulpit and declared, "Brothers and Sisters - I have sinned - I have committed adultery with Sister Sanchez. Sister Sanchez jumped up and yelled "That's not true!" The congregation is in an uproar and the old man calls out, "In my heart." Sister Sanchez fainted and the meeting continued. The point of this story was about the appropriateness of confessing and forsaking sins.

Sacrament was incredibly spiritual. Casey shared her conversion story and bore her testimony for the first time, she did a great job. Sister Beacutt spoke next and gave a wonderful talk about being a mom. I love that we have the ability to change - 3 years ago I would have been fuming through the whole thing, but today I was able to bask in the spirit and let it witness to me of the divinity of Motherhood. It made me incredibly grateful for my mom, for always being there and sacrificing so much just to be with us as we grew up.

After church got out I had to wait a couple of hours before I could call home - stupid time difference. But is was wonderful to hear everyones voice, I got a good visual of what was going on and it made me laugh. I miss them, but I feel good about being here and that makes it easy to stay.

While I talked to my family, Sister Benfield and Smith had laid dozens of papers on the floor and traced themselves and stuck it up on the wall. I went next - we're going to make murals out of them - it will be lots of fun. Happy Day!

No comments: