Monday, May 12, 2008

E-mail May 12, 2008


It was an interesting week - we walked a lot, saw very few people, had great spiritual experiences and our numbers were zeros. All across the board - zeros. We had several appointments with people but no one showed. We walked till my feet bled and saw very few people.

I also met my first crazy person this week. Her name is Crystal, she has read the Bible and knew that we had been told not to make or worship images above or below the earth. She told us that because we had a picture of Christ we were sinning. We just smiled and nodded with her, you can't reason with people like that. We let it go - while she was talking I thought of several rebuttals but Dad - you'd be so proud of me - I kept my mouth shut and let her have her say without making it a big deal. Smile and nod, that's all you can do, just smile and nod.

We were so desperate for people this week that we went to the mall thinking that there would be people there. I guess people don't like to shop in Florida. I did get to talk to a lot of sales girls - that was fun. Sister Smith, who is very much a tom boy, bought a hot pink dress suit to wear home so she can shock her parents. She looks amazing in it - I believe her parents will be plenty surprised. We had to walk through Barnes and Nobles (our ride wanted to go) there is no greater torture. I saw "The Host" and nearly cried as I walked past - I did touch it as I went by. It's so pretty - and the smell - I love the smell of books. It's rude, I say, just rude to make me go through that. But it is good because now I know I can survive it, even if I don't like it. Anyway that's me - what are you up to? Anything new? Good stories to share, let me know. Lots of Love, Sister Kelli Wilcox

(Note from mom - Kelli's email is not working with all comcast providers - keep sending her letters and she will reply through me or I will post it on her blog)

No comments: