Sunday, April 13, 2008

Letter - April 13, 2008

Hello Again!

Sorry about how short that first letter was, we had about 15 minutes before lights out. We really only get to write letters on Sunday & P-day. I am learning so much, but a large part of what I'm learning I already knew. While practicing giving lessons I have to define things like Apostle, Prophet, Apostasy and Dispensation - I didn't realize how much and how little I know.

Being with a companion isn't that bad, what's hard is trying to study together and make one lesson plan. We each have different ideas and ways to talk and teach, it is a constant compromise that gets tiring after a short while. We also got in a slightly heated debate about Satan, so many people here blame their problems on him - it started to get old so I started talking about how little power he has - it was not well received. Oh well - they can suffer if they want.

I regret my stationary choice. Anyway, I made a copy of my journal which gives a slightly more detailed overview of my days - but I have only 2-3 minutes sporadically throughout the day so sometimes it doesn't really flow - or I'll get up early and write by flashlight so it's really sloppy and we all know my problems with spelling - being a missionary hasn't changed that. Keep writing me, I'll write Sunday and Tuesday 'cause that's when it's allowed. I love ya-all so much! Give me lots of mail, I'm falling behind on the district competition to see whose parents love them the most. (It is measured by the amount of mail we receive). The Church is true, the book is blue - get married in the temple and have a nice day. Sis Wilcox

No comments: