Friday, April 18, 2008

MTC - Day 10 - April 18, 2008 - Journal Entry

We got to do a service project today - basically we cleaned the bathroom for free. It was awesome! They gave me a hose with soap attached to it. It foamed out and I got to soak everything, including myself, but still awesome.

Sister Hartman and I had another TEC today - we had become confident and were doing our lesson perfectly - according to the book. Our teacher told us that since we had the concepts we need to look at the big picture. Don't give a history lesson - interest the person - get animated - tell a story - the spirt works in the heart and mind, if we're only reaching one of those things our investigators only get 1/2 the spirit. I really liked his advice, but Sis Hartman was frustrated, it took me a long time to talk her down - she seems better now.

We had a district meeting and we talked about our purpose and had a testimony meeting - we were asked to share our testimony on missions, missionaries and how they've influenced us. I got the pounding heart and sweaty palms and I shared the edited version of my Mary story. It was a powerful meeting.

No comments: