Sunday, April 13, 2008

MTC - Day 5 - April 13, 2008 - Journal Entry

Oh happy day, it's Sunday - a day of rest. We still got up @ 6:30 a.m., but since we've been getting up at 6 to make our 7 am meetings it was like sleeping in late.

I spent the morning reading "Jesus The Christ". I've never read it before, it is incredible! I can't wait to pick it up again. We had Relief Society, Barbara Thompson spoke, the sign said she was from the General Relief Society Presidency and S. Hartman thought she was the new President - I don't know, we'll look it up tomorrow.

We had sacrament meeting as a District - I played the piano and fudged horribly, but I didn't get to practice so I choose not to feel bad about it. After Sacrament our little Branch walked up to the Provo Temple and took pictures, it was fun. There were missionaries crawling all over the place.

We had a fireside, the MTC Administrator spoke about how to ponder. I never thought too much about it, but being able to stop and think and question and find my quiet place can have a great impact. After the Fireside, we went to listen to President & Sister Boone. President Boone didn't really have a topic just skipped around and gave good advice. One of the things he talked about was "Seven Significant Scriptures on the Subject of Saving Ones Soul".
Say that 10 x's fast! OK here they are:

James 5:19-20
D&C 4:4
D&C 31:5
D&C 62:3
D&C 15:6
D&C 18:15-16
1 Timothy 4:16

This was a great day - a really needed day to relax, think, and review what's been learned the last four days.

No comments: