Saturday, April 26, 2008

MTC - Day 18 - April 26, 2008 - Journal Entry

I forgot to mention something about yesterday. At the RC we have a white board where we put peoples names up who have agreed to have missionaries come over and we pray for them. We were trained by a different teacher to do this so Brother Lovejoy didn't know why we were writing names on the board and for fun we wrote his name too! Unfortunately, Brother Lovejoy has terrible handwriting and what was supposed to be Bro. Lovejoy look like Bizo Lovejoy. Elder Hall was praying and running through the first names on our list, "Please bless Biza Lovejoy", after saying Lovejoy he knew what happened and lost reverence and busted up laughing ending with a quick amen.

We are crazy missionaries - up to all sorts of high jinks. OK today Sister Hartman and I went over and over and over Lesson Three. We taught trees, bricks and a few people. We went to the TEC and our teacher Brother Wrigley was able to communicate to us what other instructors tried to tell us but we failed to understand. Don't memorize what "Preach My Gospel" says, read it, learn it and say it in your own words. Then we practiced again.

Brother Lovejoy, or Biza as he is better known, had a great activity for us today. He took us to 1M where there are photos and paintings of missionaries, gospel stories and prophets everywhere. We took about 1/2 hour to walk up and down looking at photos - it was a testimony of faith. We got together and shared some of our favorites. Mine was of a young black girl with an older gentleman sitting on a bench laughing together. I plan to take a picture of that picture. Which reminds me - I can't find my camera. Lost and found won't open till morning and I think I misplaced it Thursday. I'll find it in the end.

No comments: