Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Day 21 - April 30, 2008 - Journal Entry

Got up, showered, made myself pretty - which was a lot harder than necessary - I had all my stuff divided and in a bit of a hodge podge because of weight distribution and liquids not being allowed as a carry-on. Then after unpacking to find all my stuff I had to re-pack to meet my new companion and take all my junk to my new home.

Melanie (a member) drove up with Sister Benefield, we loaded all my stuff in her car, took a mini tour - it will take me awhile to learn my way around - and they we came to our apartment. It has a bedroom, a kitchen, a tiny bathroom and living area. The whole apartment is about equal to the size of my bedroom back home. I unpacked, got to know Benefield a little better, we then walked around FSU Campus - getting a feel for it. We went to the institute and met Elder & Sister Beucutt, a senior couple.

Melanie came again and we went back to the Mission Home to pick up Sister Smith - the travel caravan was an hour late. Oh wait, rewind - OK Melanie picked us up and we went to the Ronald McDonald House for service. I really liked it - it was very familiar. Just like doing chores for Shelia while Fern slept. At this point we did not have Sister Smith. Ok, so the caravan was late, we helped Sister Summerhays with dinner. Sister Smith is awesome - this is her last transfer, she has 16 weeks left.

Went to dinner with Melanie to a wonderful Mexican Restaurant. Melanie knew one of the waiters and he translated for one of her friends - we invited him to church.

We went to the grocery store to get ingredients for Whoppee Cake. One of the Elders had surgery and requested food.

Barley made curfew - I crashed, Sister Benefield and Smith stayed up late talking.

No comments: