Thursday, May 1, 2008

Day 22 - May 1, 2008 - Journal Entry

I finally got to read mom and dad's talks - they were so good! At companion study I shared Justin's story and the story Grandma gave us. They both cried.

Made cake, hiked up to the Elders apartment. Elder Wall resembled Hannible Lector. Then we walked to FSU campus - it's a little dead there now. It's between Winter and Spring Semester. It will pick up Monday. But we still talked or "contacted" 5 people and gave out pass along cards. Invited all to come and play Ultimate Frisbee for TNT (Thursday Night Thing). No one came - or no contacts came - several members were there. Sister Benefield, Smith and I all wore Irish shirts and our team nearly won. We were tied 12-12 and someone yells "game point"! After lots of running back and forth, screaming loudly, the other team scored. Oh well, it was fun - especially when someone would yell "Don't touch them - they are Sisters!" It took awhile for the boys on our team to trust us, but we got some good game time in. It's so weird - back home I never would have gone to this - but now - well I wasn't excited to go play, but I wanted to see if any of the people we talked to would show up - but I still had fun.

Earlier today we were planning a baptism. I've been here a whole day and have a baptism. So what if I never met her - I still got one. Anyway it was a bit of a mess, she wanted Spiritual Crocodiles played while she was getting dressed. The ward wants to play The Restoration, anyway it was a big mess - we had to be the mediator between Stacy (the girl getting baptized) and the Ward Mission Leader. In the end Stacy won, but it took a lot of work and time on our part. End day.

No comments: